|The quintessential southern porch of Zeigler House Inn,|
overlooking sidewalk gardens of blue hydrangeas
and summer spider lilies along the world famous
Jones Street in the Savannah, Georgia, historic district.
Are you day-dreaming, yearning for southern days and nights, 'sitting for a spell' on our historic inn's welcoming porches? Here is where the friendly break from routine transforms any mediocre Savannah vacation into the extraordinary Savannah. Georgia visit.
The historic Zeigler House Inn porch in Savannah, Georgia USA.
Our lodging guests adore life on the porch -- the gentle breeze, people watching, porch dining, warm or chilled tea, lemonade, a good book, peaceful quiet time or friendly conversations.
So many B&B guests tell us that this upbeat, plum spot at our top-pick historic inn affords a soul-soothing, gentle Savannah vacation beyond their expectations.
Overlooking beautiful Jones Street, the inn's east-facing porch is drenched in the morning sun. The historic home's welcoming, second floor porch (circa 1856) was an original fixture in the family home built by prominent lumber merchant and Georgia Salzburger descendant Solomon Zeigler.
Get away to a romantic heritage in Savannah, GA.
In July 2014, Amy Gamerman wrote a piece in the Wall Street Journal, "The Porch is Making A Comeback", which focuses on the porch revival, calling it the "friendliest place in the house".
|A memorable Savannah escape -- a private tea party|
or lunch on the porch at the historic
Zeigler House Inn in Savannah, Georgia
Spring in Savannah GA: Perfect Porch Weather!
Savannah has a reputation for no-snow, colorful flowers even in winter. Spring gardens offer the loveliest time of year to visit Savannah.
Azaleas are bursting already into blossoms for their showy wonderland of color during Easter each year. We'd love for you to stay on Jones Street at Zeigler House Inn, a top-ten, historic bed and breakfast in the heart of the historic district!
- March 19 – April 4: Savannah Music Festival, over 100 performances -- blues, opera, zydeco, classical, world music and more! 2015 festival includes the debut of opera, an expansion of the number of programs staged, and the music organization’s most international festival to date.
- March 26-29: 80th Annual Savannah Tour of Homes & Gardens
- March 27-28: Publix Savannah Women's Half Marathon & 5K, running through historic district, Forsyth Park and Daffin Park
- April 3: Good Friday 2015
- April 5: Easter 2015
April 13–19, 2015: The 2015 RBC Heritage presented by Boeing, Harbour Town Golf, Hilton Head Island, SC.
- April 15: RBC Heritage Pro-Am in Savannah (limited to 18 groups), Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
- April 18: Susan G. Komen Savannah Race for the Cure® - 8 a.m., Telfair Square
- April 22: Earth Day
- May 2: JCB Mud Run
- May 9: EVP® Beach Bum Open, Tybee Island, GA (pro beach volleyball)
- May 10: Mother's Day